Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snowed In!!!

In the valley, we don't get tons of snow. Last year was odd because we got about 2 feet of snow at one time and the ground was covered for a couple months. This week we got 9 inches, which was awesome because I LOVE getting snowed in. Folks of the north love to poke fun at how Virginia seems to shut down when it snows or even calls for snow. Thankfully I have a job that doesn't require me to drive there when the roads are bad. I feel terrible for those that have to venture out and slip slide around. :(

Being snowed in allowed me to get a lot of sewing done and to catch up on my housework. I came up with a couple new designs and a couple new colors! The first new color is red wine, a light red shade. The second, is avocado (one of my favorite fruits). Avocado was inspired by my new favorite avocado salsa recipe actually.

  

1 comment: